Book your appointment below
Find answers to the most common questions
It is recommended that you get your oil changed every year or every 15,000 kilometres, whichever comes first. However some of the newer vehicles require frequent oil changes. Our helpful service staff can look into what the manufacturer states is appropriate for your vehicle.
Manufacturers recommend you rotate your tires every 25,000 kilometres. More details can be found on your tires manufacturer product details page.
Cooling systems, especially those on newer vehicles are susceptible to becoming acidic. It’s important to check and maintain the proper pH level to ensure your vehicle operates at peak efficiency. It’s also important to ensure the brakes are working properly and that your tires are in good shape so your vehicle is ready for winter.
Most manufacturers recommend around 100,000 km, but this varies from vehicle to vehicle and manufacturer to manufacturer. We can look up what is recommended specifically for your vehicle to ensure it stays properly maintained.
If your check engine light is on, that is your vehicle reporting an issue. The light indicates that a trouble code has been stored inside the history in your vehicle’s on-board computer, or ECM (Engine Control Module.) You need to have that code scanned and interpreted. From there, the diagnostics can begin.
With proper maintenance, your vehicle is less likely to break down, but it is unlikely that it will never break down. It’s been made by man, so it will break down at some point, but our goal is find any issues and resolve them before they leave you on the side of the road.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle
- A storage fee of R150 per day will be charged on vehicles not collected within 5 days after completion
- No cheque is accepted
- 20 000kms or 12 months warranty whichever comes first
- No warranty on parts supplied by customer
- Vehicle will not be released without full payment
- A storage fee of R250 per day will be charged if vehicle is not collected a day after a quote has been declined
- Customers are not allowed to supply engine or gearbox parts. Only parts supplied by Autofix are allowed
- Work will not be started without a signed job card